- A welcome package will be provided for completion before the first session. This includes an intake form, client history, confidentiality notices, and various assessments.
- You’ll be provided a journal and writing prompts. There will be a challenge after each session. The journal is yours, free of charge.
- Working from a Motivational Interviewing perspective – client-centered – we’ll begin to explore any challenges you feel you face and discuss what you’d like to achieve with these sessions.
- Utilizing a solution-focused brief approach, we’ll schedule 3-5 sessions total. When you feel that a positive change has been made, we can discuss reserving any remaining sessions for check-ups at a later date.
- You’ll write feedback and notes after each session, reporting any positive or negative experiences. This can be typed or handwritten. This will be turned in as it’s for the growth of the coach.
- A commitment from me, the coach, to you, to be mindfully present and fully engaged in you and your challenge for the duration of each session. I will be fully prepared before each session and ready to meet you at an agreed-upon time.
- A 24-hour cancellation notice from either party. We understand about illnesses, emergencies, and even a lack of child care.
- Working systemically, we reach out to your support individuals, immediate family, therapists, friends or colleagues, to determine how best to help you move forward. (Only with permission granted.)
- Physical balance: nutrition, exercise, commitment to wellness – including environment and financial arenas. Are you safe? What is the most satisfying aspect of your work? How do you physically challenge yourself each day? What is a goal you’d like to set for yourself in any of these above areas?
- Emotional balance: How do you gauge your emotional health? Are you in tune with your own emotions (emotional intelligence)? How do you react or respond to emotional (stress-triggering) situations?
- Mental balance: Are you mentally well? What coping mechanisms do you rely on to handle stressful situations? What hobbies and activities do you enjoy to keep you refreshed and energized each day?
- Spiritual balance: Are you spiritually well? Do you have a relationship with a higher power, the universe, God or the gods? Are you satisfied in your spiritual journey? Do you desire a deeper connection with yourself and others? What does spiritual balance mean to you?
No hablo Espanol. Interpreters welcome to accompany the client.
***DISCLAIMER*** This is NOT therapy. Therapeutic services must be provided by a licensed mental health practitioner. Life coaching is not therapeutic in nature.